No banners will be allowed to be suspended from the roof.
Lifts and escalators
The escalators and lifts will be operational during show days. Access to the escalators and lifts must be kept clear at all times.
The utmost care must be taken when building your stand, should an exhibitor be found damaging any property belonging to the Organisers or Venue, the exhibitor concerned will be responsible for costs incurred for damages.
Ensure adequate floor protection in the form of heavy duty plastic is laid down before materials are used which may cause damage to the floor (i.e. tiles, concrete, bricks etc).
The exhibitor concerned shall be responsible for and shall repair, to the satisfaction of Sun Arena, any damage to the property and the venue. Failure to do so within seven days after the last Breakdown day being Monday, 27 May 2019, the exhibitor will be liable to pay damage costs as invoiced by Sun Arena.
Sun Arena, may without notification to the Organisers and at its sole discretion, carry out repairs to restore the property and recover costs from the exhibitor, which shall be payable on demand. Should any floor area be damaged in any way. A charge per square meter will be invoiced accordingly with an additional 5% administration levy for any damage in terms of drilling into venue.
Cutting and grinding
No cutting or grinding will be permitted in the venue. Outdoor designated areas within the loading bay to be used without damage to the property.
- No drilling, fixing of attachments or penetration of any fabric, structure or floors is permitted.
- No painting of any fabric, structure or floors is permitted. No oil paints to be used only water paints.
- No washing or cleaning of paint equipment anywhere other than in the facilities provided for this purpose. In particular, exhibitors shall not use any of the toilet facilities for this purpose.
You need the written consent from the Organisers to:
- Suspend any object from any ceiling or roof construction.
- Bring any article into the venue, which would exceed the floor loading limits.
- Exhibit any substance that is hazardous, noxious, explosive or of an objectionable nature.
- Exhibit items that produce fumes, open flame, exhaust or smoke.
- Operate machinery and apparatus.
- Use or display of pyrotechnics and lasers.
- Use or display of radio active materials, flammable liquids, oils and gasses as well as welding or compressed air.
- Use of balloons and public entertainment including amusement displays, live performances and live animals on display.
Sun Arena is a smoke-free venue. The designated smoking areas for exhibitors and public are clearly marked within the venue.
Exhibitors must familiarize themselves with the layout of the venue, the location of the emergency exits and the nearest fire fighting equipment.
In the event of an emergency:
- Immediately report an incident of concern to the Organisers office.
- Refrain from touching any objects of concern and from removing exhibits from the venue.
- Evacuation of the venue will be announced over the venue’s PA system.
- Do not panic; remain calm, leave the building as quickly and orderly as possible, adhering to the instructions of the Emergency Management Team.
- Expo Organisers are requested to point out the direction of emergency exits to staff members and visitors in your immediate vicinity.
- Fire escapes are situated at intervals throughout the building and are easily accessible.
- Please note that all the venue lifts will come to ground and escalators will stop operating.